Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reaching for Joy

Reaching out and exploring the trans community was one of the most enlightening things I have ever done. The euphoria I felt being amongst people freeing themselves from society's social limitations just leaves me in awe. For me identifying as trans meant being apart of a community that conservative capitalists wish to keep hidden and locked away. Trans people see the world from a much more broader perspective. Because of this, we are alleviated of the black and white cloak that hinders the vision of the rest of the world. Its funny. People in this world don't even realize how limited their world is.

2 comments:

Lori D said...

Excellent post with so few words! It's great to be embraced by a community when you're rejected by another. You'll soon enough be embracing others and holding them up just as you have been held. It's a great cycle, and I'm glad you're a friend here!

alan said...

Years ago I read a poem by Kimiko Hahn in her book "Air Pockets". A line from it really stuck with me, though I'm not sure I'm quoting verbatim.

"The walls of this room are the limits of my mind"!

I too, feel sorry for those who would rather blind themselves than acknowledge the bright, beautiful world that we share!

alan