Monday, September 22, 2008

Nature Vs Nurture

On youtube I have seen a few vlogs that discusses the subject nature vs nurture and how it relates to the trans community. I am so happy and proud to see that Sarah and Taryn reject this theory and I must say, I do as well.

Nature vs Nurture makes trans people out to be an environmental error and usually we are graded based upon society's empty values. Where is the pride in that? How can we bring validity in ourselves when our existents is tagged as a miss happening. I'm sure that trans people in the past had used this to displace the blame off of themselves and onto a disease. I respect and understand that as well to great extent. However, I am filled with so much pride and joy to be coming along at a time where trans people choose a position of strength rather then a rely on a mental disease to aid their existence on this world.

The world is cruel and unfair. Today I feel that trans people are growing stronger in heart and spirit. Dismissing nature vs nurture means that we take responsibility for who we are. Its means that we have to stand tall and possibly becoming more open to society's criticisms. However, I am sure that there is a self fulfillment that makes it all worth it.

Anyway, here is links to Sarah and and Taryn's youtube vids. They are just awesome and they helped in me deciding on writing this entry. ^_^

Taryn's vid

Sarah's three part vids

-Nicky ^_^

1 comment:

alan said...

This kind of ties in to your last post; stereotypes/pigeonholes...everyone always wants to point at something and say "that's why"...

They forget that sometimes we just need to "be"!

alan